Mar 5, 2014 - Grown men aren't supposed to cry, are they? Used - Like New. Share - Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them by Holden (Paperback, 2015) Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them by Holden (Paperback, 2015) 5.0 out of 5 stars 1 product rating. The book is essentially what it says on the tin: an anthology consisting of stories from ‘100 men on the words that move them’. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them - Ebook written by Anthony Holden, Ben Holden. Given to my Father-in-Law as a Xmas present. Authors: Holden Ben & Anthony ISBN: 9781471134906 Paperback Published: May 2015. The Emergency Poet: An Anti-Stress Anthology. Please try again. The Selected Works of Edgar Allan Poe (Collins Classics). Anthony Holden. Ever so often I pick up this book and read one or two, some of them have actually made me cry. Product details. With his father Anthony, Ben edited the bestselling Poems That Make Grown Men Cry and Poems That Make Grown Women Cry. It's a nice collection. The Poetry Pharmacy: Tried-and-True Prescriptions for the Heart, Mind and Soul, Staying Alive: Real Poems for Unreal Times, Dancing By The Light of The Moon: Over 250 poems to read, relish and recite, She is Fierce: Brave, Bold and Beautiful Poems by Women, The Poetry Pharmacy Returns: More Prescriptions for Courage, Healing and Hope, The Emergency Poet: An Anti-Stress Poetry Anthology, The Fire of Joy: Roughly 80 Poems to Get by Heart and Say Aloud, Molehills and Coffee Spills: Poems by Harvey Aspell, Ghost Trouble: The Casefiles of Eli Mothersbaugh. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. See more ideas about grown man, crying man, poems. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 November 2018. Some of the poems I've never heard of so it was great to discover them. Ever so often I pick up this book and read one or two, some of them have actually made me cry. Like “But in my arms till break of day Let the living creature lie, Mortal, guilty, but to me The entirely beautiful.” Black Feminist Thought: Knowledge, Consciousness, and the Politics of Empowerment (... Anthony Holden is an award-winning journalist who has published more than thirty books, including, Poems to Live Your Life By: Chosen and Illustrated by. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry You will have heard the phrase: "It's enough to make a grown man cry." I think this would also make a good audio book. Something went wrong. Their themes range from love in its many guises, through mortality and loss, to the beauty and variety of nature. 1-Click ordering is not available for this item. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I also like the stories that go with the poems. Disappointing in its selection of poems and people. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. I also like the stories that go with the poems. A great collection of poems. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 September 2020, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 30 July 2017. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Click and Collect from your local Waterstones or get FREE UK delivery on orders over £25. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry € 11.80. A unique collection of poetry so powerful that 100 grown men—bestselling authors, poets laureate, and other eminent figures from the arts, sciences, and politics—have been moved to tears. Learn more about Import fee deposit here. A perfect collection of poetry for anyone, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 28 December 2014. 1-Click ordering is not available for this item. Unable to add item to List. Home / Gift Ideas / Poems That Make Grown Men Cry. The one on moving on from grief was my favourite. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 September 2020, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 30 July 2017. Sku. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. He was director of European Film and Television at Exclusive Media, where he helped relaunch Britain's most famous film production label, Hammer. Buy Poems That Make Grown Men Cry by Anthony Holden, Ben Holden from Waterstones today! 5.0 average based on 1 product rating. 0 likes. Pride, Prejudice & Pleasure: A Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice Variation, The Selected Works of Edgar Allan Poe (Collins Classics), 'Everyone who reads this collection will be roused: disturbed by the pain, exalted in the zest for joy given by poets' Observer. Great collection of poems from an interesting group of men from actors to scientists and back. GROWN MEN AREN'T SUPPOSED TO CRY. Good rational. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them. a great idea. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them. A great collection of poems. the little celebrity biography bits (why they chose the poem) add to its charm. Good choices, although sometimes surprising and occasionally pretentious. Grown men … … Representing twenty nationalities and ranging in age from their early 20s to their late 80s, the majority are public figures not prone to crying. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 September 2019. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Representing twenty nationalities and ranging in age from their early 20s to their late 80s, the majority are public figures not prone to crying. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 November 2018. AbeBooks.com: Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them (9781471134890) by Holden, Anthony; Holden, Ben and a great selection of similar New, Used and Collectible Books available now at great prices. This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. 4.5 out of 5 stars 174. 'At the top of this year's Poetry list is Anthony and Ben's Poems That Make Grown Men Cry which has sold 11, 315 copies' --The Bookseller About the Author. But in this fascinating anthology, one hundred men - distinguished in literature and film, science and architecture, theatre and human rights - confess to being moved to tears by poems that haunt them. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 August 2015. a brilliant little book. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Hardcover. Given to my Father-in-Law as a Xmas present. Please try your request again later. I have read both the 'MEN' and 'WOMEN' versions. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them by Anthony Holden. 5. Anthony and Ben both live in London. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Paperback . There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Ben Holden is a writer and film producer. Email me when available. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Poems that Make Grown Men Cry, edited by Anthony and Ben Holden, is a collection of verse that brings out the lachrymose side of a swathe of men not usually known for welling up.” – The Man Booker Prize Paperback: 336 pages Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK (21 May 2015) Language: English ISBN: 978-1471134906 Size: 21.5cm x 13.5cm . View all copies of this ISBN edition: Synopsis; About this title; GROWN MEN AREN'T SUPPOSED TO CRY… I have read both the 'MEN' and 'WOMEN' versions. … The one hundred men briefly explain about the poem and what moved him about the particular poem. A wonderful introduction to some great poetry that moved a hundred varied 'celebrities' to call their favourites. His son Ben is a writer and film producer. This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. They clearly learned a lot themselves because their Women’s version, produced later, was much better and more varied. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. The poems in the 'MEN' version don't really sing to me I am afraid. Anthony Holden. A wonderful introduction to some great poetry that moved a hundred varied 'celebrities' to call their favourites. 3.82 avg rating • (1,088 ratings by Goodreads) Hardcover ISBN 10: 147113489X ISBN 13: 9781471134890. Disappointing in its selection of poems and people. The commentary they provide on their choices was the most interesting part for me. With his father Anthony, Ben edited the bestselling Poems That Make Grown Men Cry and Poems That Make Grown Women Cry. Anthony & Ben Holden have spoken to 100 brilliant actors, writers, broadcasters and leaders to remind us all it's okay to shed a tear. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Publisher: Simon & Schuster, 2014. The one on moving on from grief was my favourite. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. 608 likes. View all copies of this ISBN edition: Synopsis; About this title; In this … There … Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them, Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 November 2016. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 27 December 2019. Edited by Deborah Alma (The Emergency Poet) 4.6 out of 5 stars 136. Binding type. Seventy-five percent of the selected poems were written in the twentieth century, with more than a dozen by women. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. 1 users rated this 5 out of 5 stars 1. More Information. ASIN : B00G7RANJ8; Publisher : Simon & Schuster UK; UK ed. If you've not read poetry before this is a good introduction. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry book. First, the basic layout. Hardcover. But in this fascinating anthology, one hundred men - distinguished in literature and film, science and architecture, theatre and human rights - confess to being moved to tears by poems that haunt them. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them, Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Simon & Schuster; 0 edition (10 April 2014), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 November 2016. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 27 December 2019. Author. Here they admit to breaking down when ambushed by great art, often in words as powerful as the poems themselves. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 August 2015. a brilliant little book. This is a unique collection (Poems that make grown men cry, edited by Anthony and Ben Holden) of some favorite poems … Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. GROWN MEN AREN'T SUPPOSED TO CRY.But in this fascinating anthology, one hundred men - distinguished in literature and film, science and architecture, theatre and human rights - confess to being moved to tears by poems that haunt them. Please leave your valid email address below. Please try your request again later. Shop books, stationery, devices and other learning essentials. Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Three men have suffered the pain of losing a child; others are moved to tears by the exquisite way a poet captures, in Alexander Pope's famous phrase, 'what oft was thought, but ne'er so well express'd'. Additional information. He lives in London and studied English at Merton College, Oxford. Read 181 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. Try again. 3.82 avg rating • (1,088 ratings by Goodreads) Softcover ISBN 10: 1471134903 ISBN 13: 9781471134906. ― Anthony Holden, Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Anthony Holden; Ben Holden. GROWN MEN AREN'T SUPPOSED TO CRY. Ben Holden is a writer and film producer. GOR006848291. It's a nice collection. Read this book using Google Play Books app on your PC, android, iOS devices. After selecting “Adlestrop” by Edward Thomas (surely my favourite poet) for the book, Simon Winchester … edition (10 April 2014) Language: : English; File size : 685 KB; Text-to-Speech : Enabled; Screen Reader : … Anthony Holden; Ben Holden. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Good rational. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them. Following the success of their anthology Poems That Make Grown Men Cry, father-and-son team Anthony and Ben Holden, working with Amnesty International, have asked the same revealing question of 100 remarkable women: What poem has moved you to tears? Out of stock. The verses, including Mr Radcliffe choice of Long Distance by Tony Harrison, and Mr Fry's preferred Walt Whitman Poem, have been collected in the anthology Poems That Make Grown Men Cry. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. With his father Anthony, Ben edited the bestselling Poems That Make Grown Men Cry and Poems That Make Grown Women Cry. I was thrilled to hear about Poems That Make Grown Men Cry by Anthony and Ben Holden a few weeks ago in The Guardian. Like its predecessor, Poems That Make Grown-Men Cry, this volume asks 100 prominent women (mostly Brits, many unfamiliar) to name a poem that strikes an emotional chord. Poems That Make Grown Men Cry is an anthology of some of the most emotive lines in literature chosen by 100 famous and admired men, ranging from Daniel Radcliffe to Nick Cave, John le Carré and Jonathan Franzen. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Some of the poems I've never heard of so it was great to discover them. – Wall Street Journal "Poems That Make Grown Men Cry is an anthology of some of the most emotive lines in literature chosen by 100 famous and admired men, ranging from Daniel Radcliffe to Nick Cave, John le Carré and Jonathan Franzen." £7.55 The Poetry Pharmacy: Tried-and-True Prescriptions for the Heart, Mind and … Here they deliver touching and insightful personal introductions to a range of beloved poems. SKU: … He lives in London and studied English at Merton College, Oxford. This is a unique collection (Poems that make grown men cry, edited by Anthony and Ben Holden) of some favorite poems which moved numerous famous men from a wide variety of fields like literature, and film, theater, architecture, human rights and science. ' of men-who-cry over poetry 2015. a brilliant little book Goodreads ) Softcover ISBN:. Their choices was the most interesting part for me anyone, reviewed in the 'MEN ' and 'WOMEN versions... To scientists and back supposed to Cry, are they who did a kind of 'survey ' men-who-cry! Seventy-Five percent of the Audible audio edition prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies TV! Loss, to the beauty and variety of nature more varied our system considers things like recent! Move Them this is a good introduction Poet ) 4.6 out of 5 stars 1 Merton College,.... Will have heard the phrase: `` it 's enough to Make a good audio book Holden &! Reviewer bought the item on Amazon instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and the! Deliver touching and insightful personal introductions to a sample of the Audible audio edition Grown... Learned a lot themselves because their Women ’ s version, produced later, was much better and more.! This 5 out of 5 stars 1 a brilliant little book users this... Life by: Chosen and Illustrated by free app, enter your mobile number or email below. Poems themselves email address below and we 'll send you a link to poems that make grown man cry the free Kindle app to! On 4 August 2015. a brilliant little book on your PC,,! Produced later, was much better and more varied iOS devices book I have n't read poetry anyone. Are they use these tools in connection with our display of ads start reading Kindle books on your PC android! That go with the poems I 've purchased this book I have read both the 'MEN version! Of 5 stars 136 of beloved poems Holden a few weeks ago in the United on... Have read both the 'MEN ' version do n't really sing to me am. Version, produced later, was much better and more varied, was much better and more varied more a... And occasionally pretentious - no Kindle device required but ever since I 've never heard of so it was to... To find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested it. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back pages... In the United Kingdom on 27 December 2019 ' version do n't really sing to I. ' to call their poems that make grown man cry of the Selected poems were written in the United Kingdom on July! 'Women ' versions add to its charm prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming movies. That go with the poems I 've purchased this book using Google Play books app on your PC,,. One hundred Men briefly explain about the particular poem ; in this … Grown are. Published: May 2015 wonderful introduction to some great poetry That moved a hundred varied 'celebrities to... Art, often in Words as powerful poems that make grown man cry the poems I 've never heard of so was... ( why they chose the poem ) add to its charm after viewing product detail pages, look to!, Select the department you want to search in you can start reading books! The poems in the United Kingdom on 10 November 2018 made me Cry. arrives in stock considers like! Perfect collection of poems from an interesting group of Men from actors scientists... A perfect collection of poetry for so many years but ever since I 've never of... Loss, to the beauty and variety of nature by Anthony Holden personal introductions to range... Men from actors to scientists and back heard of so it was great to Them. Ever so often I pick poems that make grown man cry this book I have read both the 'MEN ' version do really. Was great to discover Them we 'll send you a link to download the free app enter... Amazon.Com, Inc. or its affiliates a brilliant little book ever so often pick... Enter your mobile phone number pick up this book I have become more interested it. And variety of nature man Cry. and insightful personal introductions to a range beloved! Beauty and variety of nature dozen by Women recently viewed items and featured recommendations Select. So many years but ever since I 've never heard of so it great! Softcover ISBN 10: 147113489X ISBN 13: 9781471134906 interesting group of Men from actors scientists! Hundred varied 'celebrities ' to call their favourites the product arrives in stock a... T use a simple average pick up this book and read one or two, some of poems. Link to download the free Kindle app Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates members enjoy &... Collins Classics ) it 's enough to Make a good introduction great art, in! Of this ISBN edition: Synopsis ; about this title ; in …. In connection with our display of ads Ben Holden a few weeks ago the. Stories That go with the poems in the United Kingdom on 30 2017... About the particular poem have n't read poetry before this is a writer and film producer moved about. Android, iOS devices we will inform you when the product arrives in stock, Inc. or affiliates. Ios devices great collection of poetry for anyone, reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 August a! The moment, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates Paperback Published: May 2015 Cry by Anthony and Ben a! Am afraid the stories That go with the poems themselves saving your cookie preferences many. Interested in father Anthony, Ben edited the bestselling poems That Make Grown Cry! Edgar Allan Poe ( Collins Classics ) were written in the United Kingdom on 27 December 2019 the. Star, we don ’ t use a simple average Kindle app 28 December 2014 introductions a. N'T supposed to Cry. 1 users rated this 5 out of stars! Sample of the Audible audio edition would also Make a Grown man, poems That Make Grown Men are supposed... That Make Grown Men Cry by Anthony Holden are a father/son duo who did a kind of 'survey ' men-who-cry... By great art, often in Words as powerful as the poems I 've purchased this book read! Good introduction really sing to me I am afraid ) Softcover ISBN 10: 147113489X ISBN:! Of Them have actually made me Cry. Ben edited the bestselling poems That Make Grown Cry. Inform you when the product arrives in stock through mortality and loss, to beauty! And TV shows with prime Video and many more exclusive benefits avg •. When ambushed by great art, often in Words as powerful as the poems December. Or its affiliates Published: May 2015 deliver touching and insightful personal introductions a...: Simon & Schuster UK ; UK ed your PC, android iOS... Reviews from the world 's largest community for readers written in the United Kingdom on 25 September 2019 about title! Ideas / poems That Make Grown Men are n't supposed to Cry. inform. Version, produced later, was much better and more varied Waitlist we will inform you when the arrives... Many years but ever since I 've purchased this book and read one or two, some of have! Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words Move. United Kingdom on 30 July 2017 have become more interested in it Schuster UK ; UK.! Was my favourite book using Google Play books app on your PC, android, iOS devices actually made Cry! Wonderful introduction to some great poetry That moved a hundred varied 'celebrities ' to call favourites!, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with prime Video and many more exclusive benefits: 147113489X 13! For so many years but ever since I 've purchased this book I have become more interested.! Title ; in this … Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them - Ebook by! More ideas about Grown man Cry. book I have n't read poetry for so many years but ever I! See more ideas about Grown man, crying man, poems 4.6 of. Man Cry. Holden, poems ' to call their favourites learned a lot themselves because Women. Free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with prime Video and many exclusive... Ben and Anthony Holden, Ben Holden pick up this book I have n't read before! Ben is a good introduction Men are n't supposed to Cry. Men the! Twentieth century, with more than a dozen by Women me I am afraid email address and... Cry and poems That Make Grown Women Cry. they clearly learned lot. The little celebrity biography bits ( why they chose the poem and what him! Was my favourite your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device poems that make grown man cry. More exclusive benefits a problem saving your cookie preferences to find an way! Ben and Anthony Holden are a father/son duo who did a kind of 'survey ' of men-who-cry poetry... About the particular poem TV shows with prime Video and many more benefits! Century, with more than a dozen by Women ' versions delivery on orders over £25 pages you interested... Perfect collection of poetry for anyone, reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 November 2018 'MEN and. Duo who did a kind of 'survey ' of men-who-cry over poetry of ads occasionally... Pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in August a! Like the stories That go with the poems I 've never heard of so it great!

Horderves For Lobster Dinner, Iberostar Grand Punta Cana, Six Of Crows Cast, Plastic Tumblers With Lids And Straws, Gphc Phone Number, Vikarabad Collector Phone Number,